6 days ago I was packing up my office and in another six days, I'll be in Thailand. Stunned, but also very relieved. It had all happened so quickly. In so many ways I knew I was near the end, but I never thought it would actually happen; and certainly not the way it eventually did. Over two years of frustration and angst. A job that was going no where and then all of a sudden I was set free....And now, in 6 days time, I'll be back in Rawai, Phuket. Just like that. It all just happened like it was always supposed to be.
Now, I'm packing my apartment up. I have my visa for Thailand and I just purchased a new suitcase.
I took the opportunity to go into the CBD this afternoon. I always liked Melbourne the most in the rain. It's chaotic and you can hear the trams splashing and rattling along the streets. If you look carefully, people actually love the rain; secretly. They run from it like a game, darting here and there. Almost child like grimaces on their faces. As they lunge into a tram, they look at each other with excitment. They have escaped it together. They have won this time. Take a look next time it' raining...
Anyway, I figure the rain was Melbourne's way of saying goodbye. 'This one's for you my friend.' And I was thankful, and I felt connected to my home city like I always have. Like good old friends that would always be there for each other.
I will miss you Melbourne. Six more days together.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave feedback below!